Friday, September 17, 2010

DLF Master: Jyoti Randhawa on flying start

Nksagar-Sagar Media -Gurgoan Sept 17,2010:
Jyoti Randhawa, the two-time DLF Masters champion, on to a flying start at his home turf on Thursday as he made six birdies against a lone bogey in his opening round of 67. Randhawa, a 10th tee starter, made birdies on the 12th, 16th, 17th and a bogey on the 13th to be two under at the turn.

Randhawa, fresh from a recent top-10 finish on the European Tour, consolidated further on the second nine with birdies on the first, fourth and sixth.“This is a very good start to the tournament. I have been playing in Europe for the last few weeks so in that context I feel I adapted to the conditions pretty quickly. I hit my
iron shots really close today and also putted well. The rain came down for a brief period during the middle of my round but it didn’t affect me. In fact, I made birdies immediately before and after the rain,” said Randhawa.

He added, “The highlights of my round were a good par save on the 10th where I hit my nine-iron third shot to within a few inches of the pin and the birdie on the par-five sixth where I was two-on and then two-putted for birdie.”
Defending champion Gaganjeet Bhullar shot a bogey-free 68 to be tied second. He birdied the second, ninth, 15th and 18th holes.

Bhullar said, “I hit it long today. My best drive was on the 15th where I hit it about 350 yards. It’s a good start to the tournament and gives me a great launch-pad for the rest of the week.”

Himmat Singh Rai and Karanjit Singh Sandhu, both from the DLF Golf & Country Club, joined Bhullar in tied second place as they too shot scores of 68 thanks to some brilliant hitting.

Himmat made 17 regulations in a round that included five birdies and a bogey. Karanjit also had five birdies and a bogey and made 16 regulations.
SSP Chowrasia, Rahil Gangjee, Vinod Kumar and Digvijay Singh lie tied fifth at three under 69.Anirban Lahiri, Mukesh Kumar, Ashok Kumar, Chiragh Kumar, Gaurav Pratap Singh and Shankar Das share ninth position at two under 70.

Contact Information:
Sagar Media

No comments:

Competitiveness, climate, security Finn’s priorities Ministry of Finance release Finnish road map of EU presidency. Finland is set ...