Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Arjun Atwal star of Hero Honda Indian Open

Arjun Atwal star of Hero Honda Indian Open


01.12.2010 04:57:48 Nksagar-Sagar Media Inc: New Delhi, November 30: Arjun Atwal tees-off in the Hero Honda Indian Open on Thursday which is the event that got him started on the road to stardom.Atwal hit the headlines this season by winning the Wyndham Championship to become the first Indian to win on the US PGA Tour but his victory in the Indian Open 11 years ago almost has as much significance

(live-PR.com) - “Winning the Indian Open in 1999 is one of my favourite victories. It was my first win on the Asian Tour. It gave me so much confidence as I had been on the Asian Tour four years before that without winning,” said Atwal.He claimed the title at Royal Calcutta Golf Club that year and will bid to win it for a second time this week at Delhi Golf Club.

India 's most decorated golfer, Jeev Milkha Singh,has been advised three weeks of complete rest following extensive medical tests on his problematic lower back on Monday Jeev Milkha Singh forced to withdraw due to a hip injury, which also saw caused him to pull out of an event in Japan last week. He plans rest and return next season."The doctor has asked me to take complete rest for three weeks with intensive physiotherapy sessions. Hopefully, the disc will move back in place soon and there should not be any long-term damages. If all goes well over the next few days, I will be able to resume practicing in the New year. "Unfortunately, the injury means I will have to pull out of the Hero Honda Indian Open. It's a huge disappointment for me because I was looking forward to playing in India after a long gap, and also because I greatly admire what Hero Honda has done for Indian golf, as well as for me personally. “The Indian Open is a very important part of my schedule and that is why I try and make it back every year no matter how I am playing or where I am playing.

Anytime you win it is fun especially when you win in India. Winning our national Open is always a great feeling,” added Atwal.Atwal is no stranger to success at Delhi Golf Club. He won the Hero Honda Indian Masters there in 2000 and also his very first win on the local tour in the 1995 DCM Open.


Contact information:
Sagar Media Inc

No comments:

Competitiveness, climate, security Finn’s priorities Ministry of Finance release Finnish road map of EU presidency. Finland is set ...