Monday, March 30, 2015

Admiral L. Ramdas after he heard the news of his removal.

Read the statement by Admiral L. Ramdas after he heard the news of his removal.
March 29, 2015
New Delhi, India
It is with great surprise and sadness that I heard today from a reporter that the Aam Aadmi Party no longer requires my services as it’s internal Lokpal. Various media reports have subsequently confirmed this news. I am disappointed that the leadership of the party did not accord me the courtesy of informing me first before making this decision public. I still await their phone-call.
I am surprised because less than two weeks ago the party publicly reaffirmed its confidence in me. At no point in my tenure did the party express to me any dissatisfaction with my service. Neither did its leaders question my neutrality or my objectivity in this position. As recently as January 2015, I was asked to investigate complaints against potential electoral candidates. I took it as a sign of the party’s confidence in me when on February 15th, at an informal meeting at the home of Mr Kejriwal, in the presence of many other senior leaders of the party, including members of the executive committee, I was actually requested to consider serving an additional five years as Lokpal.
I am, however, more sad than surprised. It was with a sense of excitement and hope that I became part of this movement to bring a new kind of politics to India. I believed in the ideals of transparency, accountability and fairness that was encapsulated in the institution of the Lokpal. And, I was honoured to be the first person to serve in this capacity.
I have tried to discharge my duties and responsibilities to the best of my abilities. My two previous letters, one which became public, the other which was intended to be public, reflected my effort to encourage the various leaders of the party to work together to remember the principles on which it was founded and to make sure that the promises made to the electorate – to the people- were fulfilled. Unfortunately I did not succeed in that effort.
I still hope that the party which has fired the imagination and hopes of so many Indians will be able to fulfill its promises of good governance, both internally and externally, in the exercise of political power in its new capacity as the government of Delhi. I wish them well in this endeavour.

The National Executive (NE) of the Aam Aadmi Party in its meeting held on Sunday, March 29, took the following decisions :
1) Reconstitution of the Lokpal panel :

Rebel AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan hold a meeting with their supporters to discuss their future course of action.

The NE reconstituted the three-member internal Lokpal panel following the completion of the term of the previous panel which was headed by Admiral L Ramdas.
The new Lokpal panel of the Aam Aadmi Party comprises of :
i) N Dilip Kumar (Former IPS officer known for his anti-corruption credentials)
ii) Rakesh Sinha (Former DIG CISF and a high court lawyer)
iii) Dr SP Verma (Educationist)
2) Reconstitution of the national disciplinary committee :
The three-member committee will be headed by Dinesh Waghela and its other members are Pankaj Gupta and Ashish Khetan.
3) To implement the National Council decision of organising a protest outside the Parliament against the central government’s ordinance on land acquisition on April 22, the NE decided to constitute a six-member committee for supervising the preparations for this programme.
The members of the committee are : Ilyas Azmi, Prem Singh Pahari, Yogesh Dahiya, Somendra Dhaka, Gurnam Singh and Kiran Bissa.
4) The NE decided to form a committee to be headed by Sanjay Singh to ascertain the current status of organisation in different states :
The committee has been given 15 days time to prepare a report on the current situation of organisational status in different states. This report will form the basis for the road ahead, including the state of preparation for contesting elections, if any in future.

No comments:

Competitiveness, climate, security Finn’s priorities Ministry of Finance release Finnish road map of EU presidency. Finland is set ...